Saturday, October 3, 2020

Joyful is the dark?

The ELCA is releasing a new hymnal supplement in November called "All Creation Sings." One of the new hymns is "Joyful Is the Dark." Who doesn't find joy in darkness? Let's look at the lyrics!


Heresy Alert: Who lurks in the darkness? It's not God. It's actually Satan. Who is hidden? It's not God. In fact, the Triune God is the Light and He is seen in His Word and His Sacraments. So, who is hidden? Satan. 


If anyone has ever walked in the dark with bare feet and stepped on a Lego, you would find that there is no joy in the darkness. 


This hymn is not as bad as "Earth Is Full of Wit and Wisdom," since I am having to look deeper into this hymn. But, as each stanza proclaims "Joyful is the dark," there is actually no joy in darkness. Darkness is actually the absence of God.


Instead of singing this hymn, I would recommend the hymn "I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light." This hymn proclaims the Triune God as the Light!


Jesus said: "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)

7 comments:

  1. It's possible that your blog may be linked from myspace?
    Many individuals, in my opinion, would enjoy your writing.
    Let me know what you discover. Your warm sentiments mean a lot to me, so thank you.
    matlab activation key
    ashampoo antivirus crack
    parallels desktop activation key

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website is fantastic. The colors and theme are fantastic.
    Are you the one who created this website? Please respond as soon as possible because I'd like to start working on my project.
    I'm starting my blog and I'm curious as to where you got this from or what theme you're using.
    Thank you very much!
    auslogics disk defrag ultimate crack
    clonedvd ultimate crack
    mirillis splash crack
    scriptcase crack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your presentation is very easy to follow, yet I don't like it.
    I'm sure I'll never be able to solve this issue.
    It appears to me to be extremely complicated and wide-ranging.
    I can't wait to read your next post. I make an effort at this.
    agree!
    driver navigator crack
    fl studio crack
    advanced systemcare ultimate crack
    pinnacle game profile crack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us. I just loved your way of presentation. I enjoyed reading this .Thanks for sharing and keep writing.
    Train Sim World 2020 Crack
    ytd youtube downloader crack
    Transport Fever 2 Crack
    The Uncertain: Light At The End Crack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me. this blog has detailed information, its much more to learn from your blog post.I would like to thank you for the effort you put into writing this page.
    I also hope that you will be able to check the same high-quality content later.Good work with the hard work you have done I appreciate your work thanks for sharing it. It Is very Wounder Full Post.This article is very helpful, I wondered about this amazing article.. This is very informative.
    “you are doing a great job, and give us up to dated information”.
    gom-player-plus-license-key/
    adobe-photoshop-cc-download/
    advanced-installer-architect-crack/
    corel-videostudio-ultimate-crack/
    glasswire-elite-crack/

    ReplyDelete